Australian left-arm fast bowler Mitchell starc has been releashed from Kolkata Knight Riders Contract.
Starc revealed on Wednesday that he was released by his IPL franchise Kolkata Knight Riders ahead of the 2019 season of the tournament. Starc, a member of Royal Challengers Bangalore, was snapped by the Knight Riders in the 2018 auction for a whopping INR 9.4 crore.
Mitchell Strac missed the previous season due to a leg injury and stand out of the tournament in the whole season. Mitchell considering the benefits of a well-rested winter with the World Cup and the Ashes series to come in the UK next year.
Mitchell Starc said in an Interview that- '' I got a text message two days ago from the owners of Kolkata saying I've been released from my contract, so at the moment I'll be home in April," Starc told reporters in Sydney on Wednesday (November 14). "I didn't go last year with my tibia injury. It was a great opportunity to freshen the body up and let it heal by itself. Barring the little niggle in the hammy, I feel pretty good with my body and my strength and the rest of it.
He also added in his statement that -'' If I don't play the IPL next year it's a good opportunity to freshen up for a massive six months of cricket in the UK. At the moment for me, I just want to play as much Test cricket and one-day cricket for Australia as I can. IPL is a lovely bonus on the pay packet but if I miss that to play more Test matches then I'm taking that option."